New AKO air operated pinch valves revealed
AKO Armaturan have now made air operated VMC series pinch valves available in nominal diameters of DN010-DN100.
AKO says the VMC series is based on a multi-functional modular system which enables flexible exchange of the two types of body available (aluminium and stainless steel) and a range of different collar caps/flange types.
The different connection options are:
- Flange connection according to DIN EN 1092-1 PN 10/16 or ANSI B 16.5/150lbs
- Internal thread connection according to DIN EN ISO 228 (G) or ANSI/ASME B1.20.1 (NPT)
- Tri-clamp connection according to DIN 32676 row A or C
- Weld-on ends according to DIN 11850 series 2 or ASTM A554
- Threaded spigot (RJT connection) according to DIN 11851
Alternatively aseptic pipe, aseptic flange or aseptic clamp connections can be welded on according to DIN 11864 and DIN 11853.
‘Our design specifications and focal points lay in the compact and lightweight construction of the air operated pinch valves,’ read a AKO statement. ‘With the aid of computer assisted design software and intensive, economical fabrication, it was possible to achieve a weight reduction of up to 65% compared to previous series.’