Get the latest weekly fluid news direct to your inbox.

Sign up for our free newsletter now.
logo
menu

Gazprom delivers first billion cubic metres of gas via TurkSteam pipeline

Russkaya compressor station in Krasnodar Territory
Russkaya compressor station in Krasnodar Territory
Russian energy giant Gazprom has supplied its first billion cubic metres of gas via the TurkStream gas pipeline.

Of the volume, around 54% was sent to the Turkish gas market, with the remaining 46% being delivered to the border region between Turkey and Bulgaria.

TurkStream is an export gas pipeline connecting Russia to Turkey across the Black Sea. It currently has a capacity of 31.5 billion cubic metres of gas per year.

Commercial supplies via the gas pipeline began on 1 January 2020. On 8 January, the TurkStream pipeline was officially opened with a grand ceremony, which was attended by the presidents of Russia and Turkey in Istanbul.
Russkaya compressor station in Krasnodar Territory