Xylem Inc, a global water technology company, revealed it has succeeded in reducing greenhouse gas emissions - exceeding its planned target.
Xylem’s 2019 sustainability report, Water for a healthy world, revealed the company had achieved a 28.3% reduction in emissions, against a target of 20% set in 2014.
“The importance of water to community sustainability is more apparent today than perhaps any other time in recent history,” said Patrick Decker, Xylem’s president and CEO.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the critical role that clean water and reliable sanitation play in preventing and controlling disease and in making communities resilient in the face of extraordinary challenges.
“With water and resource management at the core of our business, Xylem is deeply committed to sustainability.”
He added: “It is fundamental to who we are and what we do. We feel both privileged and proud to be making progress, alongside our customers and partners, and making a difference for our stakeholders, globally. Now, as part of our mission to solve the world’s toughest water and resource challenges - making the world more sustainable for everyone - we’re committing ourselves to doing even more.”
Xylem’s future signature goals include commitments to:
• Save more than 16.5 billion cubic meters of water through the use of advanced technologies; Prevent over 7 billion cubic meters of polluted water from flooding communities or entering local waterways;
• Provide access to clean water and sanitation solutions for at least 20 million people;
• Ensure 100% of employees have access to clean water and safe sanitation at work, at home and during natural disasters;
• Give 1% of xylem employees’ time and 1% of company profits to water-related causes and education;
• Use 100% renewable energy and 100% process water recycling at its major facilities.
POPULAR NEWS STORIES
LATEST VIDEOWatson Marlow pump collaboration with Siltbuster