Wilden launches new line of AODD pumps for existing piping systems
Wilden, part of Dover Corporation's Pump Solutions Group (PSG), has introduced a new line of air-operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pumps.
Advanced FIT AODD pumps fit bolt-to-bolt and pipe-to-pipe in existing fluid-handling piping systems to provide increased performance with no repiping necessary.
'Advanced FIT pumps have been designed to 'drop into' the existing plumbing footprint with no plumbing rebuilds required,' says Chris Distaso, director of engineering for Wilden.
Additional features and of the pumps include:
• Re-engineered fluid path increases flow rates up to 54% versus current Wilden models
• Exact FIT from bolt-down footprint to inlet and discharge connection heights
• Fewer fasteners and easy accessibility with power tools for faster assembly/disassembly and shorter downtime
• Labour-saving manifold flexibility to assist in tight-fitting installations
• Fast ROI, reduced installation costs with no repiping
• Bolted configuration for product containment with NPT or BSPT threads or ANSI or DIN flanges
• Can be used for abrasive applications
• Higher flow rates translate into increased productivity and profitability
• Longest Mean Time Between Repair (MTBR) for lower maintenance costs
• Available with the Pro-Flo X™ or Pro-Flo® SHIFT Air Distribution Systems (ADS)
The pumps can also be used in conjunction with other Wilden technology, including EZ-Install TPE diaphragms, which reduce the costs and downtime associated with diaphragm replacement; full-stroke integral piston diaphragms (FSIPD), which are constructed of PTFE (Teflon) for superior product containment with the same flex-life advantages of standard PTFE diaphragms; and advanced Air Distribution Systems (ADS), such as the Pro-Flo X and Pro-Flo SHIFT, for optimised air consumption with lower energy and operating costs.
Advanced FIT pumps are available in 2" (51mm) and 3" (76mm) sizes with aluminium housings and in 1.5" (38mm), 2" (51mm) and 3" (76mm) sizes with stainless-steel housings, which will be available in late 2014. In addition, advanced FIT pumps are also available with a variety of elastomer options for even the most severe applications.
Current Wilden advanced FIT pump models include the SS420FIT, SS830FIT, SS1520FIT, SS1530FIT and AL1520FIT. In addition, five new pump models are being introduced, including the AL820FIT, AL830FIT, SS430FIT and SS830FIT.