Milton Roy announces new ‘intelligent’ metering pump
Milton Roy has announced a new addition to the PROTEUS metering pump family, the company’s line of intelligent metering pumps.
According to a press release, The PROTEUS Communications Model “expands the pump’s intelligence with programmable inputs and outputs.” Support for Modbus RTU and Profibus (Process Field Bus) DP protocols facilitates high speed, bi-directional communications, in turn allowing plant operators to link devices from different vendors to a central SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system for control, monitoring and trouble shooting.
The PROTEUS metering pumps are a family of actuated diaphragm pumps driven by advanced variable speed technology to address the exact requirements of chemical addition in water treatment. PROTEUS pumps come in three configurations – Enhanced, Manual and Communications, and can address the process control requirements of a range of water and waste water treatment, agricultural, chemical, oil & gas; power generation, pulp & paper, and textile industries.
“The PROTEUS metering pumps are among the most intelligent pumps in the industry, and the new communications capabilities enhance feedback and control in a way that makes the pumps even smarter,” said Eric Pittman, product manager - Water and General Industry, Milton Roy. “By expanding the PROTEUS line, we’re giving customers a wider range of choices to fit their specific needs.”
Proteus Communications Model Key Features:
- Can handle flows from as low as .006 GPH (.023 L/H) up to 18 GPH (68 L/H)
- Turndown capabilities of 1000:1
- +/- % steady state accuracy
- Different liquid end materials available: polypropylene, PVDF, and 316L stainless steel, to handle a range of chemicals, polymers, viscous fluids, and slurries without being affected by changes in discharge pressure.
- Backlit colour display with convenient navigation in five languages