Mass meter for extremely low flows unveiled by AW-Lake Company
AW-Lake Company has revealed its latest Ultra Low Flow Coriolis Mass Meter.
The MicroTRICOR TCM-100 mass flow meter is designed to accurately measure extremely low flow rates. It is suitable for use in batching, blending and dosing; for applications such as chemical injection, precision painting and coating, and batch processing associated with liquid or gas handling and dispensing.
- Measures flow rates as low as 300 grams/hr (.001 gallons/min)
- Max mass flow rate 50kg/hr
- Max volumetric flow rate 50l/hr
- 316L stainless steel tubes
- Usable at pressures up to 350 bar, 5000psi
- No filter requirements
- No moving parts such as gears
- Units are flushable
- Sold with TCE transmitters that are available with analogue, frequency pulse and status outputs
- Available in panel mount or remote field mount versions
- EX certified with ATEX, IECEx, EAC certifications and a pending CSA rating
According to AW-Lake Company’s website, the MicroTRICOR TCM-100 is the only flowmeter of its kind offering a compact dual tube design, giving it greater stability and resistance to external vibration.
The MicroTRICOR TCM-100 is different to volumetric flowmeters in that it measures mass rather than volume. The company claims this provides greater accuracy, as the mass of a fluid or gas is unaffected by pressure, temperature or viscosity. In turn, this means the flow meter gives reading unaffected by external conditions.