Weir Flow Control France has announced a new addition to its Sarasin-RSBD range of safety valves, the new Starflow V design for steam boiler applications.
The Starflow V has been designed to complement Weir’s existing Starflow P and Starsteam options. According to the company, the new product will allow boiler manufacturers and plant operators to deal with a single supplier for multiple sizes and pressure conditions ranging from 1” to 8” (1 bar to 370 bar).
Andrew Clarke, Product Marketing Manager for Pressure Relief Valves, commented: “Quality assurance and lifetime maintenance costs are vital issues for the power generation customers. Safety Valves are crucial to optimal operation and performance of plants, so we have invested in the Sarasin-RSBD ASME 1 range for customers who are focused on that essential performance, longevity, and low operational costs without compromising on engineering standards. The result is a safe and versatile valve portfolio which makes life easier for customers.”
Key features of the Starflow V:
▪ ASME B&PV Code Section I and VIII certified valves (full lift and restricted lift)
▪ ‘Anti-seizing’ capability to prevent galling or sticking of internal components in the event of inconsistent operation or ‘chattering’.
▪ Spring loaded safety valves and pilot operated pressure relief valves with fully metallic seat surfaces.
▪ Exposed spring for effective venting of steam
▪ Effective flow coefficient granted by National Board (USA) in accordance with the ASME B&PV Code.
▪ High pressure ratings to attain maximum set pressures.
▪ ‘Anti-seizing’ capability to ensure accurate & repeatable opening pressures.
▪ Availability of large orifice sizes to minimise the quantity of selected valves and thus reduce the cost of acquisition and maintenance