New submersible borehole pumps launched by KSB
KSB Aktiengesellschaft has launched a new type series of submersible borehole pumps. The UPAchrom 100 series is designed for use in water supply and irrigation applications, and for small systems for drawdown of groundwater levels.
According to a press release from Frankenthal based KSB, the UPAchrom 100 series’ integrated, hydraulically optimised check valve prevents the discharge line from emptying when the pump set is stopped, in turn reducing any damage that could be caused by reverse rotation of the pump. The submersible borehole pump can safely be used for drinking water applications, having been certified to French (ACS) and US (NSF) standards.
Key features of the KSB UPAchrom 100 series borehole pump:
- All pump components made of stainless steel
- Covers discharge heads of up to 550 metres and flow rates up to 21,500 litres per hour
- Driven by water filled canned motors with a rating up to 7.5kW, or by rewindable submersible motors with ratings up to 18.5 kW
- Capable of handling water with a solids content of 50 grammes per cubic metre
- Couplings and drive flanges have mating dimensions to NEMA Standards
- All MEI values are above 0.40.
- Can be installed at an angle or in a horizontal position
All pump sets are completely maintenance free with self-adjusting thrust bearings and pressure balancing diaphragms, according to KSB. Dismantling is quick and easy, while the fine tuned range of motor sizes allows the user to choose the optimum drive ranging to match any application.